COVID 19 Updates
June 9, 2020 - New Legislation Looks to address PPP Restrictions
- Extends the covered period during which the loan may be used for forgivable expenses from eight weeks following disbursement of the loan to 24 weeks from loan disbursementor Dec. 31, 2020, whichever is earlier. Borrowers who received loans before June 5 may elect to continue using the eight-week covered period.
- Lowers the amount that must be spent on payroll costs from 75 percent to 60 percent. SBA and Treasury issued a statement that the new 60 percent threshold is not a cliff, meaning that if a borrower uses less than 60 percent of the loan amount for payroll costs during the forgiveness covered period, the borrower will continue to be eligible for partial loan forgiveness, subject to at least 60 percent of the loan forgiveness amount having been used for payroll costs.
- Extends the period in which employers may rehire or eliminate a reduction in employment, salary, or wages that would otherwise reduce the forgivable amount of a PPP loan to Dec. 31, 2020. However, the forgivable amount will be determined without regard to a reduction in the number of employees (compared to Feb. 15, 2020) if the recipient is (1) unable to rehire former employees and is unable to hire similarly qualified employees by Dec. 31, or (2) unable by Dec. 31 to return to the same level of business activity that existed before Feb. 15, 2020, due to compliance with federal requirements or guidance related to COVID-19.
- Replaces the six-month deferral of payments due under PPP loans with deferral until the date SBA pays the lender the amount of loan forgiveness. If a borrower fails to apply for loan forgiveness within 10 months after the last day of the covered period for forgiveness, the borrower must begin to make payments of principal, interest, and fees on its PPP loan.
- Establishes a minimum maturity of five years for new PPP loans as opposed to the current two-year maturity date. The five-year maturity takes effect on the date of enactment and will apply to any PPP loan made on or after June 5. Lenders and borrowers, however, may mutually agree to modify the maturity terms of prior-disbursed PPP loans.
- Eliminates a provision that makes PPP loan recipients who have PPP debt forgiven ineligible to defer payroll tax payments.
- The final date to obtain a PPP loan remains June 30, 2020.
May 19, 2020 - Lobby Access
As we have started to ease restrictions today on entrance into all of our lobby areas, here are a few things we are doing to help keep you and our employees safe:
- An employee will greet you at the door to explain our new procedures.
- Lobby access will be limited to help maintain social distancing.
- Please use the social distancing guides we have marked on the floors in each of our lobbies.
- We have installed Plexi-glass sneeze and cough guards in front of our active teller stations and CSR desks.
- Work-spaces will be sanitized between each customer visit.
- Our pens are some of the best in Murray, so please feel free to keep the one you use! Pens left behind will be sanitized after each use.
- If you choose to wear a face mask inside the bank, we may request you to temporarily lower it so we can confirm your identity.
We still want to encourage you to use our drive-thru and mobile services whenever possible. If you would like to schedule an appointment to reduce possible wait time with a loan officer, customer service representative or to get in your safe deposit box, you can email us at info@TheMurrayBank.com or call us at 270-753-5626 and we can get that setup for you.
April 16, 2020 - Paycheck Protection Program Updated
April 9, 2020 - Economic Impact Payments
April 8, 2020 - Paycheck Protection Program
April 6, 2020 - Rewards Checking Account Fees Waived
– 1 Direct Deposit or 2 ACH Debits
– 15 minimum Debit Card Purchases Posted to Account
March 30, 2020 - SBA Loan Information
Businesses are looking for ways to ease the financial burden the COVID-19 pandemic has caused. In answer to this overwhelming economic and financial crisis, Congress and the Small Business Association have initiated two primary loan programs to help small businesses. These are federally backed loan programs with the potential for deferred payments and relatively low interest rates.
Small Business Administration 7A “Paycheck Protection Loans“
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program, the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued this guide to help small businesses and self-employed individuals prepare to file for this type of loan.
Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering federal disaster loans for small businesses and not-for-profit organizations who have suffered economically as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. The Economic Injury Disaster Loan is currently eligible for the January 31, 2020 – December 31, 2020 covered period. These loans are applied for and disbursed directly from the SBA. No local banker is involved with this, but we stand ready to help walk you through this process if needed.
We Are Here For You
If you are customer of The Murray Bank that is experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19, we encourage you to contact us. If you have a home mortgage, personal loan or business loan, please complete this form and comment with how we can help you and a loan officer will be in touch with you.
March 24, 2020
At The Murray Bank, our roots run deep in this community. When times get tough we are here to help. We value the trust you have put in us and are dedicated to helping our friends and neighbors.
We Are Here For You
For your everyday banking needs
As always, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and community members are our top priority. With that in mind, on Friday, March 20th, we moved our lobbies to limited access only. Our drive-thru’s have remained open at all of our offices, and we ask our customers to please use them. We appreciate the many kind words of support and will continue to provide the banking services you’ve grown to expect and trust.
COVID-19 Relief Program
If you are a customer of The Murray Bank and are experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19, the quickest way for us to assist you is by visiting our website and our COVID-19 Relief Program page. Please review the information available and complete the form for assistance options. We are here to help you through this time and have many options available for assistance.
Another step we are taking with our COVID-19 Relief Program is temporarily suspending all late charges on loans.
We are here for you, and we will get through this TOGETHER!
President and CEO
The Murray Bank
March 20, 2020
We are temporarily limiting in-person banking to our drive thru windows and ATM’s to minimize the risk to our customers, employees, and community.
We invite you to use our drive thru windows, ATM’s, or Online/Mobile banking options.
March 19, 2020
For access to your safe deposit box, loan officer or customer service representative, we ask that you call 270.753.5626 to make an appointment. For all other transactions or account arrangements please call us directly at 270.753.5626 for assistance.
We also encourage you to use our Online and Mobile Banking platforms. These platforms are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allowing both consumers and businesses to perform many banking transactions from your home or office location. These services include the ability to deposit checks, transfer funds between accounts at The Murray Bank, check your balance, review account activity, pay your bills, send money to others using P2P and much more.
If you do not have Online and Mobile banking setup, please call us at 270.753.5626 and we can set that up for you over the phone.
We are committed to keeping you informed and encourage you to check www.TheMurrayBank.com for updates as they become available. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to receive updates as well.
As a reminder, The Murray Bank will never call you requesting personal identifiable information. If you suspect that someone is trying to gain access to your account, please call us immediately at 270.753.5626
Thank you for your continued relationship and trust.
March 17, 2020
Depend on Reliable Sources for Information
World Health Organization
Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering – Tracking COVID-19 map
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Federal Trade Commission Updates on COVID-19 Scams
Convenient Ways to Conduct Banking & Financial Transactions from Your Home or Office
- Go Online! Our Mobile and Online Banking services that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allowing both consumers and businesses to perform many banking transactions from your home or office location, which includes the ability to deposit checks, transfer funds between accounts at The Murray Bank, checking your balance, reviewing account activity, pay your bills, send money to others using P2P and more.
- Call us! Our Customer Service Representative's are available to assist with your banking needs or questions you may have via phone at 270.753.5626 for immediate assistance or use this webform here to email us. As a reminder, please do not include sensitive account or personal information in the webform or email.
- Need to speak to a loan officer? Visit one of them online by setting up an appointment time, and then we will ZOOM you in for a face to face meeting without ever leaving your home.